For those readers unacquainted with this punning parlour game made famous by long-running BBC radio panel show I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, here's an explanation.
Here they are, the announcements of the Late Arrivals to the EU ball - as compiled by BM and chums.
- Mr and Mrs D. Bananas and their son, Ben.
- Please welcome, all the way from Ireland, Mr and Mrs Bordthegravytrain, and their daughter, Orla.
- Just arriving, travelling second class but claiming first class, Mr and Mrs Em and their daughter Purdey
- Nobody invited them, but they're here anyway, Mr and Mrs Craticdeficit, and their daughter Demi
- From UKIP, Lemmy Owdahere, and his Auntie Eva ReethingtheEUstandsfor
- Mr and Mrs Worrythegermanswillpay and their son Don
- Here's the Akesomedrachmasjustincase and their son William
- Len Dnow and Count De Costlater
- Behind them are the legendary tightwads Mr and Mrs Resourcesareawasteofmoney and their son Owen
- AH! Enter the head of the European Defence Agency, Mr Whosarmy and his son Euan
- Mr and Mrs ComewithmeIdontknowwhattheserbianpresidentlookslike and their son Kanye
- Francoise Inchargebeforebutnowitsgermany
- 12 minutes late, again, M et Mme Dayvoo de Meedie and their son Ron
- Seb Siddy and his Chinese friend Fun Ding Gon
- Noah Dearwhohalfthecommissionersare
- Mr and Mrs Bennettisitreallytimeforyetanothermakeorbreaksummit and their son ... GORDON Bennettisitreallytimeforyetanothermakeorbreaksummit...
Announce further suggestions on that there twitter with the hashtag #latearrivalstotheEUball or send an electronic mail to the customary address.
BM (and chums)