In a pleasing trend towards metaphor (obfuscation?) the Charlemagne building appears to have rebranded itself the "European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights", if this latest banner is to be believed.
Which, of course, got us thinking: what instrument could that be ?
A couple of ideas from the dulcet tenor of the Berlaymonster:
- Bagpipes: a sack of wind inclined to make unpleasant screeching sounds
- Harp: almost transparent, but on closer inspection has many strings attached
- Fiddle: enough said
- Organ: vastly complex, impenetrable, various buttons and pedals and bits and pieces, but which effectively just blows hot air from left to right
- Double bass: large, unwieldy and yet barely audible
- A saxophone: blown by big black men (that's enough, Ed.)