A letter to the last edition of the Commission en Direct, the EC's internal waste of newspaper, which BM won't quote here because, frankly, it's too long and dull, proposes the following theory:
- The Parliament cuts the Commission budget.
- The Commission therefore has less to spend on catering.
- Food in the Commission canteens goes from bad to worse ...
- ... so Commission officials go to eat in the Parliament.
- Only the Parliament doesn't let them in.
Mr. Barroso is then called on to appeal to the Parliament. We won't hold our breath.
Signed Disgusted of